Essentials of Managing is intended to prepare managers at MIT for their core responsibilities in managing individuals. While the program is designed for new managers, it is also relevant for any manager who wants to establish a solid foundation in these core responsibilities.
By the end of Essentials of Managing, it is intended that participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a manager at MIT
- Identify the strengths one brings to the role of manager
- Appreciate the significance of the manager-employee relationship
- Recognize and apply relevant law and MIT policy
- Identify good human resources management practices and strategies to apply them
- Find applicable MIT resources and recognize when to use them